Saturday, March 29, 2014

1st Patch of the 2nd Spinnaker

The first patch of the second spinnaker went extremely well.

Here's what it looked like before I started:


Here's the patch material stuck to it:



Here's the finished product:


I am manually starting and backing up the needle to catch the threads in each corner, that's working out really well.  I am extremely proud of the corners, they look great!


The discoloration of the material is from where it was stored against a red panel of the spinnaker...

I am starting to experience gummy residue buildup on the needle, so that needs to be cleaned every patch or so.

I also made a mistake of accidentally sewing up part of the damaged material in one hem, I think that after I apply the double sided tape, I'll do a rough cut away of the damaged material so that it doesn't catch anymore.  I think that'll only be an issue with the larger patches though.

I think I have the machine just where I need it, it is working great!

No comments:

Post a Comment