Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Problem

My pool has no shade, and it gets very hot during the summer.  In the past, I have used a blue tarp to cover it, but because it is so heavy the grommets got pulled out.



More recently, I have used a spinnaker I got for free from a neighbor when they moved out.



It doesn't cover the whole pool, and you have to adjust it as the sun moves to target the shade.  So I've always wanted to get a large spinnaker that would cover the whole pool.  Well, I finally got my chance!

I drove by my local boaters resale shop, and they were selling old sails for $25 each.  I scored three spinnakers, two of them were extremely large!  The feet of the two large ones fit the long edge of the house perfectly.  The small one turns out to be the same size as the current spinnaker I use.  I might repair and sell it to recoup some of my investment.


So I am documenting the project...

No comments:

Post a Comment