Sunday, February 2, 2014

Wanted to Buy or Borrow: Sewing Machine

I have been looking for a used sewing machine for quite some time now without much luck.  So now I am casting my net looking for one I can borrow or buy:

Does anyone in the Clear Lake area own an industrial sewing machine that I can use for sewing up some sails? I can give you the leftovers of the stuff I plan to buy including the UV nylon thread, extra needles, 3M Super 77 spray, and double sided tape. . . I'll have lots of leftover used spinnaker material as well, if you're looking for that for some reason. 

Ideally I'd like to borrow it for a couple of weekends and work on it in my house, but If I need to come over to your place, that's fine too. I have been looking for an inexpensive machine at garage sales, on craigslist, etc. without much luck. More recently, I have been looking at the benefits of an industrial sewing machine, but they are way too expensive for this one-time endeavor. However, if you have one that you want to sell, hit me up, as maybe I'll buy it, use it, and then sell it when I'm done. If the price is right, I might even keep it! 

Any help with this project would be appreciated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment