Sunday, February 23, 2014

Got a Sewing Machine!

Ernie lent me his Sailrite LSZ-1 sewing machine!



After a light cleaning, I wound up a bobbin

After a few practice sews to get the tension right, I did a true test, sewing the edges of my homemade comp-tip cover for my mast.

I made two mistakes:

  1. Although I reversed and forwarded to secure the thread in the beginning, I forgot to do it at the end.  So I tied the ends together
  2. I didn't measure the hem beforehand and there was about 6 inches of difference that was on one end.  I'm not sure if I would have done that anyways, or tried to hem it to be perfect.
I don't think I'm going to try to re-do it, as that would mean undoing the stich (time consuming!) and the back end looks good, which counts (I think? ;)


I'm off to the store to get some 3M 77 spray and then it is onto the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment