Friday, April 11, 2014

Another Mistake

I should have waited to patch spinnaker #2.  Instead of patching it with discolored material from spinnaker #1, I could have used the pristine material from the panel I removed from spinnaker #2 when I re-sized it.  Aw well, live and learn.  I will not re-do those patches.  This is a pool shade cover, not a spinnaker for a boat!

Here's a picture from the dry fit of Spinnaker #2:


The ropes are there to prevent the spinnaker from bowing down to touch our heads.  When there's a breeze, the spinnaker puffs up and down, it's fun to watch.  It also makes a great sound!  As you can see, this is just not tight enough along the edges.  The removal of the panel and the re-do of the clews should do the trick!

Here are the clews cut out of the panel:

And here are the clews glued to the re-sized spinnaker.

Now I need to sew them and re-do the leather chafing.

No comments:

Post a Comment