Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sewed the Stay Tape on Spin #1

I didn't take any pictures of the process, it was pretty straight forward as per the video.

Putting the double sided tape along the new foot was a pain!  But sewing it was a snap...

I swapped out the bobbin just before I started on the new foot, so that I didn't have to stop and restart.

Here's clew #1:

And #2:

Note that I went just a bit beyond the panels then stopped on the side that had stay tape already.

The black side in clew #1 above was the panels, so you don't see the red stay tape until after the panel ends.

The red side in clew #2 above is the spinnaker, so you see the green stay tape go all the way to the ring.

I thought I had some leather in the house (by cannibalizing an old pair of shoes, gloves, a jacket etc.) but no.  So putting the finishing touch on this pool shade cover (the chafing protection) will have to wait another day.  Darn!  I thought I'd be done today!!!  Well, I wasn't going to test it until this weekend anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment