Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spinnaker # 2 - Done!

Today was a big day, I started and finished the second spinnaker.  Here's the pictures I took:

Here are the two Dacron panels:

After dry fitting and trimming, here is the panels with the webbing applied with double sided tape:

Here are the clews with the webbing sewed:

And the other sides:

And closeups:

Here I should have noticed that the spacing wasn't quite right:

Here's the panel ready to be glued to the spinnaker using my "ledge" contraption:

They're attached!

I shuffled the steps around because of where I was working, so I sewed the rings in:

I then sewed the stay tape, note the new white tape stops a bit past the panels on the side where the red stay tape is:


Ditto on the clew with the green stay tape:


I tried something new, and used some paper towel to make a template, and was able to use some scrap:

They turned out extremely well!

I can't wait to see this one hung up!








No comments:

Post a Comment